Believe it or not, there are plenty of places to find motor oil cheap and quick. You may not know much about motor oil, so before you look into your motor oil cheap options, explore some of the facts about motor oil manufacturers, what motor oil to use, and how to most intelligently buy motor oil.
1. The Environmental Protection Agency claims that there are two hundred million gallons of motor oil that are disposed improperly every year. Learning the right way to recycle your motor oil can result in making your motor oil cheap, as well as helping you make an environmentally responsible choice.
2. 42 gallons of crude oil produces 2.5 quarts of fresh, high quality lubricant oil. Recycling, however, only one gallon of used motor oil yields the same amount. You have the power to make motor oil cheap.
3. The letter W that is printed on some motor oil containers does not, contrary to popular belief, stand for “weight.” What the W does stand for, is “winter” or cold start viscosity. Gradings that include this marking are 0, 5, 10, 15 and 25 and are typically used in lower temperatures.
4. In America alone, drivers produce roughly 1.3 billion gallons of used motor oil every year. Recycling can decrease this statistic in the future, and make motor oil cheap, as well as responsibly used.
5. Did you know that the used motor oil from only one oil change has the capability to ruin one million gallons of fresh water? The nature of motor oil can be rather dangerous if not handled carefully and properly. It is not difficult, however, to make motor oil cheap and safe by processing it with care.